Emerald Credit Card is a Prepaid Card that is a financial product of H&R Block. It is used to receive tax-related refunds to your account, which cardholders can use anytime. Apart from the tax-related refunds, customers can also load their Emerald Card by cash, check, or through retail stores. H&R Block claims that customers will get their unemployment, payroll, tax, or other direct benefits through electronic transfer in your Emerald account, which is a faster and more secure way to deposit money as compared to check deposits.
An Emerald card is similar to a Debit Card, which uses the Mastercard network and can be used anywhere a Mastercard Debit card is accepted. MetaBank issues Emerald Credit Card on behalf of Emerald Financial Services, LLC, where H&R Block manages the program terms and conditions and eligibility criteria.
- 1 How Can I Register My Emerald Account Online?
- 2 H&R Block Emerald Card Login
- 3 How Do I Apply For H And R Block Emerald Card?
- 4 Ways To Check Balance Of Emerald Credit Card?
- 5 Best Way To Recover Your Username And Password?
- 6 All About Emerald
- 7 Benefits You Can Get By Emerald Credit Card
- 8 Features Of This Credit Card
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Register My Emerald Account Online?
All customers can register online and manage their H&R Block Emerald Card login accounts. It’s a single sign-on login facility, so you can also log in and access your Emerald account. Please check the below procedure for the first-time registration.
- Open the official website and click the Sign-In link located at www.hrblock.com.
- Click the Create Account link located on the login screen. A new H&R Block registration form will appear on the screen (as shown below).
- Enter your email address, mobile number, and unique username in this registration form and hit the Next button.
- Complete the rest of the process and create a password to access your H&R Block account in the future.
Requirements for Emerald Card login
- Address of the Emerald Card Login Web page at www.hrblock.com
- The following information is required: Email, Username, and Password
- You can use your PC, laptop, smartphone, and tablet on any of these devices.
- Having a reliable internet connection.
H&R Block Emerald Card Login
Here are the steps you need to follow to log into your H&R Block Emerald Card account.
- Visit the H&R Block Emerald Card website.
The first step in logging into your H&R Block Emerald Card account is to visit the Emerald website. Click here to get there. Once on the site, click on the Emerald Card Login link.
- Enter your login information
As soon as you click on it, you will be directed to a webpage similar to the one below. Sign in by clicking the “Login” link at www.hrblock.com and entering your username and password in the fields indicated by the arrows.
You would be redirected to your Emerald Card login account if you entered the correct username and password.
- Check your card balance.
Once connected to your Emerald bank account, you can view your account balance and recent transactions, find your nearest ATM, and more.
Please follow the Forgotten username and password instructions if you have forgotten your username or password.
How Do I Apply For H And R Block Emerald Card?
You can apply for the card online for the prequalification process. It would help if you had your;
- Social Security Number,
- Personal contact information, and
- Last year’s tax refund amount
- Personal information includes your email address, phone number, and physical address.
The card allows you to obtain an Emerald Advance of between $350-$1000, depending on the available credit scores. To apply for the card, you need to be over 18 years of age and above. Once you apply for the debit card, you will wait for delivery via your physical address. You will then activate it once you receive it by calling the Emerald Card Phone Number at 1-866-353-1266. You will also have to set up an online account to manage your funds via the MyBlock mobile app.
How Do I Activate Emerald Block Card?
Activating your H And R Block Emerald Card login requires contacting the Emerald Card Helpline at 1-866-353-1266. Your Emerald Card Number must be entered with the last four digits. Follow the activation instructions. In addition to activating your card, you also need to create an account to manage it. Online bill payment, account balance checking, and much more are all available through this service.
Ways To Check Balance Of Emerald Credit Card?
Option 1 – Emerald Card Website
- By clicking on the official link, you can check the balance of your account on the H&R Block Emerald Card website.
- Then click on “Connect with My Emerald Card?”.
- A login page will be directed where you will need to enter your username and password.
- With your Emerald Card Number, you’ll see your card balance and a list of past transactions if you entered the correct username and password.
- If you don’t already have an online account, click the “Create an account” link to create one Emerald account.
Option 2 – H And R Block Emerald Card Mobile App
- You can log into your account online via the mobile app for a faster balance check.
- If you don’t have the Emerald Card Mobile app, you can download it for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- After opening the app, login as online.
- After successfully logging in, you can view your card balance and recent transactions and find nearby ATMs.
Option 3 – By Phone
Another option is to call H And R Block Emerald Card customer service and speak with a representative via Emerald Card Phone Number to check your balance.
To do so, call 1-800-472-5625. Be prepared to provide the representative with your name, Emerald Mastercard account number, and other identifiers that will help verify your identity.
Option 4 – Via ATM
You can also check your card balance at an ATM. However, account balance inquiries through an ATM are subject to fees.
|Official Name||Emerald Card|
|Portal Service||Credit Card Services|
Best Way To Recover Your Username And Password?
It is possible that you don’t remember your Username and Password and typing the wrong login credentials. In this case, you must recover your Username, Password, or both in order to access your H And R Block Emerald Card account. It is a straightforward process and takes a few steps, as mentioned below.
Step 1: Open the Emerald card login page and click the Forgot username/password? Link. You will be redirected to another page where you can start your account recovery process.
Step 2: Enter your email ID, mobile number, or Username, whichever you think belongs to your account, and hit the Next button. Now you will get three chances to search for your account.
Step 3: If you still do not succeed, then you can fill out the account lookup form. After that, you will receive a security code on your mobile or email. Enter the security code and click the Next button.
Step 4: Now, you will see your account info, and you can reset your password.
If you still have problems with recovering your credentials you can visit Emerald Card Customer Service
All About Emerald
The Emeraude card aims to give you maximum flexibility in using your money. H&R Block and others often give you the option to get your tax refund with that money tied to the card, letting you know that you can use it as you would a debit or credit card.
It may sound good, but sometimes it’s easier to transfer the money to your bank account. These and similar cards are often advertised as something you can use to shop online while displaying them at your favorite restaurants or stores.
The problem is that not everyone is ready to accept them. Just because their MasterCard supports them doesn’t mean you can necessarily use them to shop wherever you want, as cards sometimes have certain restrictions. Therefore, you often get cards with cash attached that may not suit your needs. How do you transfer the money from the card to your bank account?
Benefits You Can Get By Emerald Credit Card
Your H&R Block Emerald card offers excellent features and benefits that many cardholders are unaware of. Here are the top 4 benefits you might be missing out on:
Easy Direct Deposit
One of the features people love about the Emerald Credit Card is the direct deposit feature. Avoid cash check fees with direct deposit of your salary, unemployment benefits, or government, and get quick access to your cash on payday.
Check to Check Service
It’s also great to be able to transfer money from one account to another. This feature lets you load funds directly into your Emerald account via the Emerald Card Customer Service. Once you load the check via the mobile app, you have the option to receive your funds in minutes (fees subject to fees) or receive deposited check funds within days (no fees).
Extensive Reload Network
You can still fund your Emerald Card Balance account with cash at your local Walmart, Dollar General, and many other locations. Using the mobile app, you can find a participating charging point near you.
A checking account can also be linked directly to your Emerald Card Number account so that funds can be added easily. You can also set up automatic transfers or transfer funds one by one, as you prefer.
Features Of This Credit Card
Digital card facility: Get a digital secured card in your H&R Block mobile app. Customers can use this digital card for making payments and other transactions.
Transaction details: Customers can access all transactions through the mobile app or online website. Customers can easily view previous transactions and current account balances.
Bill pay: Just log in to your mobile app and pay the bill through your H And R Block Emerald Card Balance account.
Transfer money: Customers can quickly load funds in their Emerald bank account and use that fund to shop, pay bills, etc. Funds can be easily added by direct cash deposit at the selected retail outlet, check, Mobile app, through any account connected to the H&R Block account, etc.
Mastercard Benefits: Emerald Credit Card is powered by Mastercard, and customers will get zero liability protection in case of an unauthorized transaction.
Refund Benefits: Cardholders can receive a tax refund-related loan after the approval, and loan amounts depend on the tax refund amount. The loan amount will be deducted from the tax refund you will receive later. The loan will be loaded to your Emerald Prepaid Mastercard.
Earn rewards and cashback: Earn cashback and bonuses by using the Emerald Mastercard.
Start savings: Customers can open an Emerald saving account and start saving money. Emerald cards can be used to withdraw and deposit funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to download the mobile app?
- Visit the https://www.hrblock.com/mobile-apps/ page through your mobile browser.
- You will find the mobile app links for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Click the mobile app link; you will be redirected to a mobile app page on the Google play store or Apple app store.
- Click the Install button to start downloading the app on your smartphone.
- Once downloaded, finish, open the app, and use your Username and Password to access your account.
Can I transfer funds from my Emerald Card Balance to my bank account?
“Linked Accounts” means the banking service in which you link your checking account at another financial institution to your Emerald Card Number or Emerald Plus Card to facilitate the transfer of funds from your checking account to your BofI Card Account via the ACH network.
What Is My Emerald Card Number?
Your Emerald Card Number identifies your account uniquely. Go to the Direct Deposit section in your MyBlock account – log in to your new card. Or you can call 1-866-353-1266. If you need a new card, you can apply for one online or by calling 1-866-353-1266.
Emerald is a prepaid debit card that operates like any other debit card. You can send money to other people, buy goods online, pay bills, and transfer money to a bank account. The next part of this article will show you how to transfer money from an Emerald Mastercard to my bank account. A prepaid card that allows you to transfer money to your bank account is essential to save money for future use or do other transactions in your bank account.